Microsoft Excel PowerPivot 2013 Training
PowerPivot 2013 is a powerful data exploration tool based on in-memory computing technologies that provides unmatched analytical performance to process billions of rows almost instantaneously. In this Microsoft Excel 2013 PowerPivot Training course, students will learn how to use PowerPivot to import and manipulate data, create PowerPivot reports, use DAX functions, create key performance indicators (KPI) and use slicers and hierarchies to enhance the visualization of data. Exercises accompany each lesson to enhance the learning process. The courseware covers the buttons on the PowerPivot tab and accompanying tabs for creating and editing tables and charts. The power in PowerPivot is the ability to import data from multiple sources. The course provides examples using an Access database, copy and paste, text file and Excel file. In addition, calculated fields and columns are defined and used to enhance your PivotTable.Â
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with the PowerPivot application.
- Develop data model while importing data from multiple sources.
- Manipulate data in a PowerPivot worksheet.
- Create reports using PowerPivot data.
- Use DAX functions in PowerPivot.
- Define KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Use slicers to enhance data visualization.
This course is intended for students with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2013 and general computing proficiency, including those who will be using Excel to make business decisions.Â
- 8 hours of instructor-led training
- 8 hours of high-quality eLearning content
- 5 simulation exams (250 questions each)
- 8 domain-specific test papers (10 questions each)
- 30 CPEs offered
- 98.6% pass rate
Microsoft Excel PowerPivot 2013 Training Duration :- 1 Day
Module 1: Introduction to PowerPivot 2013 This module explains how to enable PowerPivot in Excel 2013.Â It also reviews the PowerPivot workspace and gives a brief explanation of the various actions available in the workspace.Lessons
- Review PowerPivot 2013
- Explore the PowerPivot workspace
- Compare Excel and PowerPivot
Lab : Enable PowerPivotAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
Module 2: Building Data ModelsThis module begins with defining a data model and how it is used to create PivotTables and PivotCharts.Â The Manage Data Model window is discussed in detail in this module.Â In addition, the various methods for adding data to the model are covered.Â Lessons
- Review Data Models
- Create Data Models
Lab : Create a data modelAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Import data from multiple data sources.
- Use the manage data model tab to maintain the data model.
- Refresh data used in PivotTables and PivotCharts
Module 3: Create a PivotTable and PivotChartThis module covers the difference between tables and charts and the various options that are available.Â In addition, this module will walk the user through creating a basic PivotTable and PivotChart.Â PivotTable Tools and PivotChart Tools contextual tabs are covered in this module.Â These tabs allow further customization to the basic PivotChart and PivotTable.Lessons
- Determine chart or table
- Create a PivotTable
- Create a PivotChart
Lab : Create a basic PivotTableLab : Use the analyze tab to change your PivotTableLab : Use the analyze tab to change your PivotTableLab : Create a basic PivotChartLab : Use the analyze tab to change your PivotChartLab : Use the design tab to change your PivotChartLab : Use the format tab to change your PivotChartAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Create and update a PivotTable.
- Create and update a PivotChart.
- Use the contextual tabs to customize PivotTables and PivotCharts.
Module 4: Use DAX in PowerPivotThis module introduces DAX – Data Analysis eXpressions language and its use in creating complex calculations to be used in PivotTables or PivotCharts.Â DAX operators and formulas are discussed.Â Calculated columns and calculated fields are defined and used in this module.Lessons
- Review and define DAX
- Discuss context used in DAX
- Define calculated columns
- Define calculated fields
Lab : Create a calculated column with data from the same tableLab : Create a calculated column with data from a different tableLab : Create a calculated fieldAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Use DAX to create complex calculations.
- Create and use a calculated column in a PivotTable/PivotChart.
- Create and use a calculated field in a PivotTable/PivotChart.
- Understand the various functions that DAX provides.
Module 5: Enhance PivotTables and PivotChartsThis module covers using KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), slicers and hierarchies to further enhance your PivotCharts and PivotTables.Â In addition the slicer tools options contextual tab is covered.Â This tab allows customization to the display of the slicers.Lessons
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Define slicers
- Define hierarchies
Lab : Create a KPILab : Create slicersLab : Create hierarchiesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Create and use KPIs in a PivotTable/PivotChart.
- Create and use slicers in a PivotTable/PivotChart.
- Create and use hierarchies in a PivotTable/PivotChart.
You can enroll for this classroom training online. Payments can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Online ,By deposit the mildain bank account
2. Pay by cash team training center location
Highly qualified and certified instructors with 20+ years of experience deliver more than 200+ classroom training.
Venue is finalized few weeks before the training and you will be informed via email. You can get in touch with our 24/7 support team for more details. Contact us Mob no:- 8447121833, Mail id: [email protected]
. If you are looking for an instant support, you can chat with us too.
We provide transportation or refreshments along with the training.
Contact us using the form on the right of any page on the mildain website, or select the Live Chat link. Our customer service representatives will be able to give you more details.
Find This Training in Other Cities:-
Kolkata, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi, Chennai.